If you happen to know a suicidal person, the first thing that comes to your mind would be how to save the person from committing suicide. You might think of a number of ways by which you can convince the suicidal person and prevent them from acting like this.
But it might not be a very easy task to do so. At this point, you can take the help of books about suicide which will give you a much better idea of what all to say and what not to say to the suicidal person.
You Have a Lot to Live for
- These particular words should be strictly avoided because these words might have a negative reaction to the person though the intention of saying was positive.
- It is important to let the suicidal person know that you are on their side, it is important to acknowledge their pain.
The Whole Life is in Front of You
- Avoid saying this particularly in case you do not know about the life in detail of the suicidal person.
- It might be that the suicidal person is suffering pain for a long period of time and hence it is best to skip these words.
You are Not Planning to do Anything Stupid
- Saying these words to a suicidal person can make them even more desperate.
- These words might make the person more depressed.
You Should Think of the Damage to Your Near and Dear Ones
- Most of the suicidal people know the damage that will be caused to their near ones and hence it is best to avoid those words.
- Knowing this might make the suicidal person feel more devastated.